PT-EP05L and ZEN ports; a real tight fit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pennywise

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I've been using the Zen dome and macro port on my PT-EP05L for some time now and taking those ports on and of is a real struggle!
The standard port works like a baby and can easily be removed by hand....
For the Zen ports a had to use one of those oil filter removal tools; even then it was still hard to turn the port.

Yesterday I discovered, that on this housing the Zen ports don't go in deep enough; about .5 of a mm short!

The solution is to take of this .5mm from the rim of the housing where the port "lands".
Did that with #180 sandpaper (attached with double sided sticky tape to a 20x10cm piece of wood) to the required measurement.
Don't forget to take care of a rounded edge on the inside of the housing in order to prevent the o-rings from getting stuck while inserting the port
Finish your job by polishing the rim and rounded edge with #600 wet-or-dry sandpaper.

I can now take my ports of without any tools! :balloons:

Last edited:
I would describe the fit on my Zen port as snug but not tight. It goes on & off by hand. So maybe not all of them are like this?

I would describe the fit on my Zen port as snug but not tight. It goes on & off by hand. So maybe not all of them are like this?

Hi Phil, you might be right; we've also got a Pen 1 in an Oly housing without this problem.

Have you used your +10 with the 14-42 lens? If so, would you please post a few pics. Am looking at the same systme but was told that I wouldn't get the type of supermacro results I am used to getting from my g-10 with it.
Here are a few with the 14-42 and a Dyron +7.....

Attachments

• P2162863.jpg
    P2162863.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 163
  • P2042735.jpg
    P2042735.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 121
  • P2042732.jpg
    P2042732.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 97
  • P2042730.jpg
    P2042730.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 106
  • P2042723.jpg
    P2042723.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Here are a fw with the 14-42 and a Dyron +7.....

Nice pix

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom