Puck pro problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EHowe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I purchased a new Puck pro and a computer interface from Leisure pro last May. I have a little over 20 dives on it. On my last dive I noticed my battery icon was blinking. When I got home and accessed log book it showed zero dives. I contacted leisure pro where I got a number for tech assistance at Mares. I contacted them and left a message and was surprised that they called back, guy was very nice and advised me to return computer to leisure pro and they would return to them for service under warranty with a 6-7 week turnaround. Well, I live in Chicago, dive season is pretty short as it is, computer would be gone for the rest of the season and possibly be out of warranty before I get to use it again. I decided to try changing battery and updating firmware to V4. All went fine but computer seems stuck in bottom timer mode and I cant access dive planner mode. I wish there was someone that could advise me What else I can try to fix at my level or just exchange for a new one so I am not out the rest of the season. I plan to use it this week. I will repost my results when I get back

I'm not sure anyone is going to want to exchange a used computer for a new one. Without you paying the difference at least. Esp. since yours is suspect. Is it 2 months old or a year and 2 months. On some computers it's recommended to change the battery yearly instead of waiting for it to expire leading to your current problem.

You could try contacting a Mares Dealer locally and see what they can do. Likely have to pay to have them a service charge but it'll hopefully get you back in the water. IDK Mares in particular but other brands sometimes have reset software that often only a dealer has access to so after a battery change they do a hard reset and re-initialize it. Of course you lose your stored dives when they do. Yours could be locked out until you do. Which could explain why it's stuck in bottom timer mode - it's the safest option.

Underwater Safaris on Lincoln is a Mares Dealer. Or try calling Dive Right In Scuba in Plainfield also, bit of a drive but they might be able to help you.

Mares has a shop locator on their website if you live in the suburbs. Authorized Dealers - Sales Network - Mares Looks like about a dozen dealers in the Chicago area.

Back
Top Bottom