Puerto Rico diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

captaingeoff

Registered
Reaction score
We will be independent of Copamarina Resorts starting May 2, 2010 focusing on the premuim dives here on the southwest reef which includes La Parguera to Guanica. Also continue to look for new owners: For sale:
Scuba diving and excursions business:
33’ Custom Dive/Excursions boat with single diesel. Full dive gear from Mares (including dive computers), tanks, weights, masks/snorkel, fins, etc. Complete and ready for a new owner. Currently offering diving, snorkeling, beach cruise, and sunset cruise. $50,000
Also, there is a 27’ Catamaran sailboat involved in the business with a different owner that can be purchased in addition to business stated above.
Guanica PR 787-424-4557 captain.geoffathotmaildotcom

Attachments

• Layne Holter 2.jpg
    Layne Holter 2.jpg
    411 KB · Views: 307
  • CIMG1897.jpg
    CIMG1897.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 190
  • Diving Guanica 2 082[1].jpg
    Diving Guanica 2 082[1].jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 259
I continue to be amazed at the loss of dive ops in the southwest quadrant of this island. We dove the La Parguera wall in May 2009 and have been planning to return, but with no idea of who to dive with, our plans remain tentative, at best. Plus, there are frequent inquiries regarding diving in Puerto Rico on this Board, and while Taino Divers in Rincon was fun, we appreciated the variety and quality of the walls.

thanks but we aren't going anywhere its just for sale and ready for some younger blood and more enthusiasm. We would love to have you dive with us we have some great deals with that make it very competitive with other locations. I agree with your assessment of Taino, good outfit and so are we. Its the resort that will loose, Copamarina, they want to focus on millionares and away from diving. Other than that I think everyone here is still in business?

The quality here is good. We dove Efrans wall and Posas yesterday and there had to be 100' vis. The divers says efrans was great coral but missed big fish. So at Posas they got to see three sharks. Also at Efrans just before getting in the water there was a huge ramora(sp). We are much closer to the wall in Guanica than they are in Parguera and we have hotels on the water with docks you can stay and stow your gear, no huffing your gear from place to place. Good luck and good diving. If you know of a quality DM or instructor that would like his own place and is just lacking in big startup money send him/her our way.

several have written for more pictures. my facebook page is the easiest place at captain.geoff

We are planning a Puerto Rico dive trip for this September and the Copamarina resort looks good.

Diving is our first priority. Is there still a dive shop at the resort?

you asked about diving from Copamarina. Diving is no longer offerd directly from the resort. We are about 300 yards away but are fully independent. You can dive with us and stay at Copamarina if you wish or contact me for less expensive options. capt geoff

Hi CaptainGeoff!
We'll be staying at the Copamarina all next week, and just found your post. We'd love to do several dives (we're PADI certified already), both reef and wreck. I saw your note about not relying on the hotel for scuba but coming to you for deals instead. :D What's the best way to do that? I'd be happy to call.

Hi CaptainGeoff!
We'll be staying at the Copamarina all next week, and just found your post. We'd love to do several dives (we're PADI certified already), both reef and wreck. I saw your note about not relying on the hotel for scuba but coming to you for deals instead. :D What's the best way to do that? I'd be happy to call.

Several folks here on the Board looking for information on diving that part of Puerto Rico. Would really appreciate a trip report when you get back.

Thanks!

I'd be happy to. I just have to figure out:
1. Who to dive with (we just have masks & snorkles, so we'll need all other gear)
2. How to post a trip report! :wink:

Anyone have suggestions on #1?

Thanks everyone!

PS: CaptainGeoff, I see from your website that you don't rent gear. Any suggestions?

UPDATE:

In doing more research, I found Island SCUBA. Dive operator closest to the Wall
They are not shut down, as some posts had suggested, but their website isn't what you'd expect. It is:
sanjuandivers .com

Island Scuba
talk with Santos (he answered my phonecall at 8:30 pm PR time!)
787-309-6556

If you go thru Copamarina it's more expensive. Santos's prices, listed on the website, are:
$95 dive - $15 gear rental = $110 for 2, 2-tank dives.
leave 7:30 - back by 12

They only require 2 or more divers, so no cancellation problem if you have a buddy.

Water report?
Nice flat water today - but visibilty only about 50, instead of 100, due to rain

Hope they're good!

CaptainGeoff: Any idea where we could rent an underwater camera?

Thanks everyone!
Ginia

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom