Puerto Rico - West Coast - Instructor Development Course?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vannito

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am a Divemaster and want to continue my training to OWSI. I will be in the Rincon region for 6 months and would like to complete my Instructor Development Course. Basic Google searches don't show many scuba outfitters that offer that training. Anyone know if there is an Instructor in this region or one on the Island?

I am not aware of any shops in Rincon or Mayaguez that offer IDCs. The only shops I have heard of doing that are on the eastern part of the island in Fajardo or perhaps San Juan. The IDC itself isn't that long. Perhaps you can head east for a few weeks?

Thanks jlevine. Yeah I guess I wouldn't mind driving over on weekends. What shop have you worked with before/would recommend? Sea Ventures shows up with ability for IDC training, but there are mixed reviews.

I dove with Sea Ventures while on a business trip and thought they were very good. The boat was very well run and their leaders were very safety conscious. I cannot comment on their training as I haven't taken classes from them.

I will contact dive shops on the west. I kniw my friend Papo Braulio from The Dive Shop Puerto Rico in Mayaguez used to teach the Instructor course many years ago. He is been in the PR diving industry 40+ so he is the right person to point you in right direction. Www.thediveshop-pr.com 787-833-6455. Tell him Gino sent you. I was born in Mayaguez...so any other tips u may need I am your man.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom