Puerto Vallarta diving operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Went diving with Armando, Nacho and Paco today of Undersea Vallarta. Great guys! We went to Majahuetas Island for two dives. Our friend came with us with referral to be certified and left raving how great the shop was over the two days. I have to add that my husband and I had previously dived Cozumel which is different than PV however in a good way...you don't see the same marine life or undersea environment! Our first dive was great! A bit murky at first due to all of the krill that is floating around (the reason the whales are here!) but when you got below 25 feet it was clear. Lots of puffers, eels and sand sharks. Nacho was very attentive of giving us the best experience..looking for animals for us. Found an octopus, under a rock, and let both of us hold him, or should I say he held us! Our 2nd dive, my husband saw more marine life. I unfortunately had a painful ear issue and surfaced with Paco who was very attentive. After all of us were on the boat (4 divers, 4 crew) we had fantastic sandwiches and drinks. I have to say the these guys take care of their customers who become friends by the time you are finished and are also very proactive in taking care of their waters. Even though I didn't complete two full dives, I still left knowing I had a excellent day with this dive shop. Thanks guys for a great day!!

We just got back from PV. We dove the last week of February 2010. After reading the boards above, we went with Vallarta Undersea (formerly called Pacific Scuba -- keep both names in mind when reading the reviews above).

They were very friendly and professional. They answered all my questions in advance, and DELIVERED what they said they would. They had a couple of boats, all small (12 person boat). Each day, the ratio of dive masters to divers was either 1:2 or 1:1. They took us to good sites, provided the equipment (including wetsuits), and were very patient and helpful.

On the second day, the owners came along, and told us a lot about PV, diving, and other interesting topics. In everything they did, they put the enjoyment of the clients first. It was wonderful.

Since the owners live a few blocks from our hotel in Nuevo Vallarta, they even offered to give us a ride to the dive shop. I was blown away by this accommodation.

I have only raves to say about Vallarta Undersea.

I also just got back from PV and had another awesome time and the highlight was Moises, Ramses, Natalia and Alex at PV SCUBA. Very friendly, small groups, professional and safe. Dove with them for the second year in a row and plan to do the same again next year.

nothing better than dive with a professional in silent world divers your guide (instructor) is a marine biology, multiliingual and a huge experience she is diving since 14 years old, brand new equipment, fast boat and we really only take small groups if you arrive to Puerto Vallarta you are welcome!

Currently in Puerto Vallarta and all is great. Dove this morning at Los Arcos (in the canyon) and had a wonderful time. The water is around 67 at depth so dress for comfort. The visibility is 40-50 feet due to the Crill but there are a lot of fish and the coral is healthy. Diving with Twin Dolphins and Gino is very accommodating. I was the only diver today and we still went out. Not bad service. In the Keys I always slightly cringe when arriving at the boat hoping that the "minimum" number of divers is met.

I think it's time for a walk into town or.. kayaking or....... well something. :D

Back
Top Bottom