Puerto Vallarta Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went with Chico's Dive shop. Small numbers friendly people a good experience. Enjoy the town, I just love the character and culture of PV. If you haven't been there before, don't be afraid of the public buses as they are really cheap and you can catch them anywhere. Hold on to your hat!!! Can't wait to go back!

PugetDiver:
I went with Chico's Dive shop. Small numbers friendly people a good experience. Enjoy the town, I just love the character and culture of PV. If you haven't been there before, don't be afraid of the public buses as they are really cheap and you can catch them anywhere. Hold on to your hat!!! Can't wait to go back!

Last yr I heard they lost their PADI certification. Is that still an issue there?

jpomerantz:
Last yr I heard they lost their PADI certification. Is that still an issue there?

Don't spread rumors. They are a 5 star PADI dive shop. If you have hard facts, post the link. Chico's Dive Shop

PugetDiver:
Don't spread rumors. They are a 5 star PADI dive shop. If you have hard facts, post the link. Chico's Dive Shop

This is fact not rumor. They were expelled over a yr ago and are not even listed on the PADI site. The expulsion list is in the instructor site that has restricted access. Just because they say it on their web site does not validate they are still PADI certified. Look on the PADI site.

jpomerantz:
This is fact not rumor. They were expelled over a yr ago and are not even listed on the PADI site. The expulsion list is in the instructor site that has restricted access. Just because they say it on their web site does not validate they are still PADI certified. Look on the PADI site.
They are not currently listed on PADI's site for Puerto Vallarta, and this excerpt is from an archived Quality Management Report from PADI (unfortunately, this was undated):

"Members EXPELLED from PADI
Arnold Schmitt, Muelheim/Ruhr, Germany
Chico's Dive Shop, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco Mexico
Javier Calavia Rodriguez, Spain
Michael De Marzo, Willisville, IL
Elena Shtapova, Moscow, Russia
Tropical Penguins Scuba, Reno , NV
..."
(the list is much longer)

I stand corrected. I would not recommend any dive shop that has been "expelled" from any certification agency. Thanks!

I've done 63 dives in the last few weeks with Twin Dolphins but know all the guys from Pacific and they are great too but I like the twin Dolphin boats better. These two companies work together and send divers on each others boats depending on the destination.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom