puerto vallarta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shae

Registered
Reaction score
I have a coworker staying at the Dreams Puerto VAllarta Resort & Spa, and is contemplating a dive day while there. Does anybody have a LDS that they recommend in the area? Any sites that HAVE to be visited?

Thanks =)

Not sure where Dreams PV is located, but I dive with Pacific Scuba in PV. They leave from Los Pienes near the marina. I've been really happy with them both times I've used them. Small boats, small groups, lots of individual attention and service.

http://www.pacificscuba.com.mx/

Favorite dive there is Marietas Islands.

From website:
National Park. These magical islands are 22 nautical miles from Puerto Vallarta to the north side of the bay. Several species of Sea Birds make the Marietas Islands their home. The endangered Blue Footed Boobie birds thrive on these islands, besides here, they are only found in the Sea of Cortez and Galapagos Islands. This is an exciting dive as there are many lava tubes and cave formations to dive thru. Between dives, the divers are able to visit Playa del Amor (Beach of Love) which is only accessible by swimming thru a cave and observe the natural habitat of the Sea Birds. The boat ride to the islands affords us the opportunity to see Dolphins, Giant Manta Rays, and Turtles. In the months of December through May the Banderas Bay is home to the magnificent Humpback Whales.

I spent two weeks diving with Local Divers.

Leslie and Nacho are fantastic and fun and very knowledgeable about the area. They give unparralleled individual attention.

I really enjoyed diving Chimo and the area near Los Arcos called "Jesus' Shallows."

Thanks for your help everyone. I have the guy this close (scrunches fingers close together) to getting his OW cert. =)

Back
Top Bottom