Purple canister light identification, help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wb5plj

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok,
I have seen pics in the past of a canister light with purple accents on it. I think that the light was anodized aluminum (who knows why they would color it purple) and the purple was part of the company color scheme. and I believe that it is European.

Does any one have any idea who manufactures such a light?

no, I don't have a picture of it at this time.

Keldan.

They only build HID light with a very good review. Saw their collection last year and it's solidly build.

But i find the color, heuh, how to say that,... weird...to say the least.

Keldan

Ah, thanks for the info and the link.

That is a bummer on the HID only. I am a fan of the LED lights that have been creeping out. but then again the prices are really scary for some of them.

One of the other issues is comparing outputs from one to the other. and unfortunately I haven't got a lot of options around for direct comparison. oh well...

thanks.

And yea, purple, well I don't know... distinctive though, you knew what I was talking about. But not my preference.

Hi Guys,

We are now carrying the line of Keldan lights so if you guys have any questions please let us know.

As far as tech lights go their HIDs are very stable and reliable because of the shock absorption mechanism that they have. They are having a new LED video light which will be available in Feburary. Check out our website for more information:

Nocturnal Lights - Manufacturer Dive Lights, Underwater Focus Lights, and Underwater Video Lights for regular and technical divers, underwater photographers, and underwater film makers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom