Q: Outfitting a DAN O2 kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrianM

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently picked up a slightly used DAN O2 kit from a LDS that went out of business. I want to use it for safety when we dive on the Northern Coast of California since we are usually at a very remote location which has no cellular service available and emergency response is usually an hour away on a good day.

My question is which masks I should purchase for it and how much do they cost? The kit came with 2 new tanks, the DAN O2 reg with the 2 ports on it but the demand valve mask is missing (the one that goes on the end of the green hose) so the unit is pretty much useless right now since there isn't anything connected to the green hose. Is there someplace I can buy the masks online or I should I go thru DAN? The DAN website doesn't show prices, just catalog numbers.

Before the Scuba police get their neoprene panties in a wad, I plan on taking the O2 provider class and getting my cert before using this kit. I am Rescue certified and advanced Nitrox & trimix, so it's legal for me to buy O2. Thanks!!

Get the demand reg. It's expensive and then get 2 non-rebreathers along with a pocket mask with the O2 fitting or maybe two of them. Throw in a few pairs of gloves and you have a good kit.

Dave

You could shop around a bit. Type "emergency medical equipment" into your search and check out some of the results you will get.

However, DAN's price for the demand reg and mask is pretty good and non-rebreathers are cheap no matter where you buy them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom