QD Balls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spectrum

Dive Bum Wannabe
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife got antsy with her BC QD hose and managed to make it spill it's guts, actually loose it's balls one day.:11:

Anyhow I have this otherwise good hose sitting in my gear pile and I'm wondering if the balls are readily available and reasonably standard. I'd like to think they're McMaster Carr items but I don't want to break another spare to measure them.

Then I need to figure out how to get them in there.:confused:

Pete

There is a mini snap ring that holds the collar down. Pop it out and the collar will slide off and your balls will fall out :11: I'm not sure if they are standard sizes or not.

How did your wife manage to lose your balls?

How did your wife manage to lose your balls?

Lacking a smiley I'll ignore the double entendre.

Her Seaquest DIVA LX has a gaumy inflater hose with all sort of contoured features that make it hard to get near the QD connector. Meanwhile with her small hands she has a hard time getting the collar back to let the fitting mate. All that being said she tends to fuss with it more than needed and I don't know what the heck she does to it!

I got some of Tobin's collar bibs but that gaumy hose gets in the way and she won't let me change it.

I keep a spare in the save-a dive just in case.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom