Qs re Ikelite for 5050

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brizzolatti

Contributor
Reaction score
Finally my housing has arrived. It is a very solid piece of kit, very sturdy and chunky. Also heavy on land.

Haven't tried it out yet in water but am looking forward to playing in the pool.

Anyway a couple of questions for those of you who have the housing:

- do any of you use it without the tray and handle? If so how is that?

- using the tray and handle, do you also clip the camera via a lanyard? If so, how because I can't see anywhere to attach a cord

- manual says unit is slightly negatively buoyant for control - how does that feel underwater and do you adjust your weights? If so, by how much?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

I use the housing with dual handle tray. I think without the handle, it would not be all that easy to carry the housing because of all the knobs on the side. The dual handle tray is a bit clunky but make it convinient to switch hand to carry the camera.
I use lanyard to attach the camera to my BCD. I just wrap one end of the lanyard on the tray, between the housing and the handle.
Dual handle tray is a bit heavier than the single handle tray. Personally I don't consider the camera weight when I figure the weight I need to control my bouyancy for a couple of reasons. First, if I have to let go off the camera, I don't want to camera to sink while I start to float up immediately. Secondly, I like myself to be a bit heavier than usual when I dive with camera so I can just let the air off the BCD and able to lie completely still on the sandy bottom when I need to anchor myself steadily for some pictures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom