Question about AI and IDC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Islandheart

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
As I continue on my way to MSDT my next step is AI-OWSI.

Are the exams part of the AI (1st 3days & one dive) or part of the IDC (last 3 days & 3 dives).

I plan to do the e-learning on line ($320) and complete the AI ($499).

Anybody know how much the AI application fee is? I heard about $62

After a few months I plan to finish the IDC (another $400) and take the IE (another $477).

Plus I need to do EFR Instr (another couple of hundred) plus O2 Provider Instr (another four big ones)

Do I wish I could complete it all at one time, You Bet !...

funds are what is really my limiting factor to advancement, but time, does play into it somewhat too........

Thanks for your comments.

Last edited:
Sorry, I just saw this today while surfing. I have not been as active in this forum as I'd like...

We have not conducted an IDC under the new format yet. We have one starting, but it's for one of our DM's who bought the old materials last summer and we need to get him done before June. DM has an employment and financial situation that has caused this delay, and cannot afford to purchase new materials. He was told at the time to wait, but chose to go ahead and get materials anyway.

So, these responses are from the old system and not the new one:

You must score a 75 or higher on the Assistant Instructor Standards Exam.

For OWSI portion, you must score 75 or higher on the 5 section Instructor Pre-Assessment Exams.

Assistant Instructor Application Fee: $63.00 (current 2010 price)

Since you're going through this, and using the eLearning option, please post up your experiences, comments and opinions of the process as you go through it and after you complete it. I'm interested in how it goes and how you feel about it.

We have a DM (surgeon IRL) that may use the eLearning option due to his extremely busy and unpredictable schedule.

Current IE fees are $620 including Instructor application.

EFR Instructor application fee $79.

Plus I need to do EFR Instr (another couple of hundred) plus O2 Provider Instr (another four big ones)

You don't need to do O2 Provider Instructor. But you do need EFRI for your paperwork to get processed....

Feel free to PM me with any questions, I'm in the IDC planning process and have some suggestions if you're interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom