Question about Eulexin and Glucophage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JessicaDodge

Contributor
Reaction score
I am taking these medications and wondering if they have any affect while diving. I have asked my obgyn and pharmisist but neither of them have any real solid answers. I don't really know of any dive dr's in the area that may have the answer so I thought I would ask you guys. I don't think they will cause there really arn't that many side effects.

Thanks

Jessica

The drugs themselves list no serious side effects that would be directly related to diving. Probably the more relevant questions lie in the area of what illness you have that necessitates these and how are those illnesses relevant to your diving.

Glucophage is primarily used for Diabetes, and that is relevant to diving. Eulexin is used for many hormone-related disorders and they may or may not be relevant to diving.

I'd sit down with a doc that is familiar with your complete history and that understands diving and its risks. There's just no shortcut on this one.

Good luck and hope to see you underwater.

John

Hey Jessica,

The advice given by the med. reg. is sound. That being said, my personal experience may be of some use.

Being a diabetic for 20 yrs. and a diver for 30 I've learned to dive safely with various meds. Currently I take Glucophage, Prandin,Avandia and a nighttime inject. of Lantus.

The only problem with Glucophage that I can think of would be dehydration caused by some gastric upset. As to your other med. I have no knowledge.

A doc. who is well versed in diabetic management as well as diving would be a godsend. I've searched for years to no avail.

D.A.N. is a good resource, as well as other related threads on this board.

Good Luck and Good Diving John

The actual problem is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Basically I have cysts on my ovaries. The glucophage is basically a precautionary prescription. Most people with PCOS get diabetes but I don't have them yet. With the prescription and careful diet I shouldn't ever get it. The Eulexin basically regulates my hormones for excess hair, acne, and weight.

Jessica

Back
Top Bottom