Question about odd hose on complete Scubapro gauge console assembly.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark IV

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hey guys, I recently snagged a couple new/un-used Scubapro consoles on ebay (they just arrived a minute ago) but I'm curious about the unusual hoses on them.
At first I was concerened that these might not be the original hoses, but I was assured they were the original hoses, and now I see they actually have "Scubapro" printed on them.
But, they have a very high gloss exterior and different texture than the standard rubber hoses, and are of a thinner diameter than the hoses normally seen, and, they didn't come with the hose protectors I typically see on Scubapro console units.
Does anyone know exactly what these hoses are, and if they're any better or worse than the standard rubber hoses?
(sorry, posting pics isn't an option at the moment, but the description should suffice if you're familiar with these)
Thanks......

Last edited:
After some digging around it looks like the exterior of these hoses is a material called "pebax", or according to Wikipedia, "Polyether block amide or PEBA is a thermoplastic elastomer (TPE). It is known under the tradename ofPEBAX® (Arkema) and VESTAMID® E (Evonik Industries)."
I haven't seen these before, and a lot of the pics I came across showed the typical black rubber hoses, so i was curious. But, I reckon it's all good.
As you were, people !!!!! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom