Question about "Scribble" series

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nation of Heat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I dive with the Deep 6/DGX 1st and 2nd, and have been really happy with them. The only issue I have is that b/c I have to use a DIN to Yoke adapter, it can be pretty tight on clearance behind my head. I see that they have a the "scribble series" 1st stage available in Yoke on the Deep 6 site. Visually it looks pretty similar to the DGX/Deep 6 one. Is it safe to assume I could swap these out and expect roughly the same performance? The other option would be to just spend a few extra bucks and get the Signature 1st.

Yes you could easily swap them out. While visually similar they are different units themselves which deep 6 confirmed in the past. The dgx has a swivel on it where as the scribble has fixed ports. I don’t think you’ll notice any difference in breathing. I’m very happy with my scribble unit. That being said if your only concern is size the scribble will be smaller. The signature is great but it is larger than the scribble

@Nation of Heat Performance will be similar. The scribble is however smaller and does not swivel.

The signature will be a step up from the D6/DGX model as it has several features not available in the other two models.

Either way, I am sure you will be happy.

Cheers,
Landon

Stupid question, but why not just use a DIN tank or ask the dive shops to remove the yolk insert in the valve?
seems to me you have a great 1st stage and flexibility to use either type of tank. I thought it would be easy to just ask dive shop to supply right tank.
Al

The Scribble is a nice little first stage. It’s compact and performs well.

Whenever I have to send off my primary regulators for service...I’ll probably get another single-tank setup with a Scribble 1st.

Back
Top Bottom