Question about Scubapro G200B...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree. My daughter got a G200 a few years back with an MK10. I'd never seen a G200 before but it's a smooth as the G250s I've used (3 different ones) I've heard the S555 is the 650 with no adjustment? I want one.
The G200 G200/B and G250 (not HP) all share the same resin case. The air barrel in the G250 is longer and tapped at the end to accomodate the inhalation adjustment knob. The G200/B has a shorter air barrel that is capped by a resin cap instead of the adjustment knob. Inside the air barrel of the G200b is the same poppet, spring and ballance chamber (tiny cap) used on the G250; so performance is identical if equally tuned. The G200 is identical to the G200/b in every way except that it utilzes a stronger spring, different poppet (no hole) and no ballance chamber cap as it is not balanced. Performance of the G200 should be less than the 200/b or 250 but i doubt many will notice. You can upgrade the G200 to a G200/b by using a G250 / G200b service kit and replacing the spring with the lighter one and adding the little cap. Very cheap upgrade a few bucks in parts at the most. They used to sell upgrade kits but i bet they no longer do; kit just had a new sticker for the purge button along with the aforementioned parts...

Back
Top Bottom