Question about Shearwater Desktop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WhiteSands

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

If I wanted to know how many dives of a certain nature I have done (e.g. # of drysuit dives, # of dives with doubles, etc.) is it possible to filter the dive logs to get this number?

Another question. On a dive trip with multiple dives with the same parameters (same buddy, same equipment, same diving platform, same gas use, etc.) is it possible to copy and paste the dive data across multiple dives on the same trip, or enter once for all the dives for that trip?

Currently it seems we have to enter the same data for each dive individually.

Thank you.

I know you can export individual dives to speadsheet and filter/pivot the information you require. However, there is no bulk export functionality which means no easy way to get to the results you require. Bulk export of dive data to a single output file would be awesome thou.

RFE (Request for Enhancement) - bulk edit/add info of dives would be so nice as suggested.

Hi WhiteSands,

It is not currently possible to sort based on the fields in the "Dive Details" pane. or to enter data in bulk as you suggest. Sorry about that.

Thank you both for your suggestions.

While I can't promise any timelines or specific features, I am working on the next release of Shearwater Desktop. Dive statistics, better sorting, and bulk actions have been the most popular requests, so I'll do my best to accommodate.

Of course, we always welcome feedback and suggestions. That's how we know what we need to work on. You can always email us at info@shearwater.com or at support@shearwater.com
Regards,

Mark Lee
Software Developer,. Shearwater Research.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom