Question about Zeagle BCD accessories and grommets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dkiely

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was wondering if someone from Zeagle, or anyone with a Zeagle BC, has any pictures of how the Zeagle utility pockets attach to the BCD, as well as how you would mount your BC knife. I can see the straps and grommet on the back of the pockets on the Zeagle website but I'd like to see where people are mounting them. Mainly I just wanna see if it's overly bulky or if it fits neatly to the BC. Also would like to see how people are mounting knives to their BCDs.

Lastly, are the grommets that are built into BCs like the Ranger or Stiletto available for purchase? I'd like to mount a knife to one of the pockets on my Ranger but I don't want to just cut a hole in my new BC and not have something to make it have a little more finished look and prevent fraying.

Thanks!

Which Utility pocket? If you're referring to this one - Utility Pocket - the zipper indicates it's for use with the Zip Mount option. Zip Mount Adaptor

The Zip Mount mounts to thru part of the soft back straps/fasteners and the zippers wind up on the inside of the wing. So you zip them in place and clip the wing retainer flap over it to streamline it. I carry a compressed soft mask and an SMB in my Zip Mount pockets.

Most of the other pockets - Sport, Clip Closed or Tech Utility just fasten onto the front waist strap. So do Dive-Rite's if you want to save $20 per pocket.

I mounted my 4" Ti click knife on the flap that holds the wing to the jacket - not sure I'd do that with a pointed knife...:D

zeaglemount.jpg

Last edited:
I was wondering if someone from Zeagle, or anyone with a Zeagle BC, has any pictures of how the Zeagle utility pockets attach to the BCD, as well as how you would mount your BC knife. I can see the straps and grommet on the back of the pockets on the Zeagle website but I'd like to see where people are mounting them. Mainly I just wanna see if it's overly bulky or if it fits neatly to the BC. Also would like to see how people are mounting knives to their BCDs.

Lastly, are the grommets that are built into BCs like the Ranger or Stiletto available for purchase? I'd like to mount a knife to one of the pockets on my Ranger but I don't want to just cut a hole in my new BC and not have something to make it have a little more finished look and prevent fraying.

Thanks!
Any craft store has the grommets. My knife is a Blackie Collins blunt nose and it sits above my weight pocket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Any craft store has the grommets. My knife is a Blackie Collins blunt nose and it sits above my weight pocket.

Would putting these on be as simple as cutting a hole and then pressing the grommets?

And I was referring the the pockets like the Tech Utility Pocket. I saw on the back it has the webbing as well as a grommet, I was wondering if you just used the webbing and attached it to the waist strap or cumber-bun or if you attached it to on of the grommeted holes that the Ranger comes with from the factory.

I was wondering if you just used the webbing and attached it to the waist strap or cumber-bun or if you attached it to on of the grommeted holes that the Ranger comes with from the factory.
Either works.
Grommet holes are also positioned on the webbing to allow the pocket to be directly mounted to the vest using screw fasteners (not included).
Those 4 grommets on the front of the vest are also for cummerbund/jacket extension. See the plastic screw just to the right of the 2nd grommet from the left? (on the Zeagle website) There's probably 3 of them on the inside of the jacket used to expand the sizing. If you're not doing that you can use one of the open grometted holes to mount the pocket also.

If you bought the Ranger new, there's probably an extra plastic screw on it that's not doing anything so you could use remove it and use it for the pocket. At least mine has one.

Here is how I've mounted my BC knife for now. I also show how I mounted my Eezy Cut line cutter on the right shoulder. I'd like to mount my BC knife in a little more traditional location on one of the side pockets, which is why I was thinking about adding a couple of grommets.

IMG_2389.jpgIMG_2390.jpgIMG_2391.jpgIMG_2393.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom