Question for DM's & anyone who works on a boat....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's hilarious. In the NE, I never had the boat come to me...would be nice.

Most boats I've dived have a descent line, a granny line, a tag line and the anchor line. Just how do you suppose the boat is going to move around picking up divers?

Maybe in Florida. :blinking:

Thank you.

And this is the reason why they want you to have fins on, which is great. I'm not arguing that it's lunacy to keep them on, I'm just saying that the way we operate, it's not lunacy to take them off... we are always live, so it's not problem to come back around.

When the boat is tied to a wreck, it does not "come to you". And in a jumping sea, the DM cannot hand you a tag line with a boat hook! I'm a realtively new diver, but I've seen some wild Cape Hatteras seas, and you are ON YOUR OWN until you're at the top step of a t-ladder.

Yes they do and yes they can. You may have to pop a sausage and wait until all the other divers are loaded but what do you think happens when divers occasionally lose the line and come up too far from the boat... they just drift away and die?

They may not "hand" the tag line to you but they can sling it past you down current so you can drift to it. Go on some more dive trips and you'll see these things.

Thanks to ALL for your input!!!! All the more reason to be in good physical shape when ever your diving!!!

Happy diving.
Joe

I'm not arguing that it's lunacy to keep them on, I'm just saying that the way we operate, it's not lunacy to take them off... we are always live, so it's not problem to come back around.

At the risk of pulling the scab off this thread:

I did four dives with Kevin on Sunday 12/9 and re-boarded the boat without my fins for each of the four dives...

...and lived to tell the tale!

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom