Question for Orlando Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Niko714

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been touring the springs in the Ocala area and am interested in checking out Forty Fathom Grotto. Underwater Florida says that the dive shop that runs it is in Orlando and you must have a guide from this shop to dive it. Does anyone know what the name of the shop is their phone# and what they charge to dive it?

PADI : OW, AOW, Nitrox
USMC: WSQ

I heard that Hal Watt's closed his shop in Orlando.

I would suggest finding someone that is a guide for 40 fathom grotto (you have to dive with a guide to dive there)

Check with NetDoc from the board.

He sold he's shop in O town but I'm a guide if you want to go. you can get with me a I would be happy to take you diving.

Hal sold is Orlando business to focus on 40 fathom grotto exclusively. If you don't want to dive with BlueWaterDiving then call Hal at (352)368-7974 and make arrangements with him. The grotto is 240' deep and about 200 yards wide. It's fresh water, dark and clear. It has a platform at about 30', and some hanging stuff (motorcycle, 2 man submarine, old cars at various depths. Everyone who dives there has to dive with a Blue Grotto approved dive guide. :mean:

Will be going to 40 fathoms in the morn. Will post the vis and the temp when I get back. This should be a great dive.

I had a greaty time diivng with Niko714 and has dive buddy. Niko is a good diver and I look forward to dive with him again. Next time aI will bring the gas.:) Till next time.

Had a great time, and diving Forty Fathoms was an awesome experience. Except for the Duck Weed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom