Question for Spring Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hetland

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
On the road between Pensacola and Ft. Lauderdale, what are the best three freshwater dives?

I'm willing to travel a few miles, but nothing ridiculous mileage-wise off the main route. Please don't include required cave dives in your consideration, or locations that require BugMan-like commando tactics to access. I'm asking for YOUR opinion, so only tell me about stuff you have dove personally.

Thanks in advance!

-h

Google "Devil's Den & Blue Grotto" ! My brother dove Devil's Den and really enjoyed it!!! I'm looking foward to the next trip!! LOL

Hetland, I think Cypress Spring, Vernon, FL has to be top on my list. My favorite spring dive up to this point.

cypressbasin.jpg

Oh man, I wish this rain would go away!

Hetland, I think Cypress Spring, Vernon, FL has to be top on my list. My favorite spring dive up to this point.

Walter took XRay, JHayes and myself there over Vortoberfest, and I have to say that of the whopping three springs I have dove so far, it is my favorite.

It doesn't look like you're cavern trained. So with that in mind, I suggest Cypress, Troy, and Alexander. They are all great OW sites.

Cypress, Ginnie, and Devils Den I guess would be the best OW sites. Alexander is really pretty in Ocala, but you have to be satisfied with a colorfull basin, lots of fish(and other wildlife), and not worry about hitting any sort of depths. Troy has a civil war era wreck in the spring run, which is kinda unique for a spring dive.

I'm pretty sure Troy is still closed due to flooding.

I never really liked Blue Grotto, its basically a limestone overhang with alot of graffiti carved into the side, silt bottom, lights, and air bell, and not too much as far as life goes... and WAY overpriced.

i really liked morrison springs in ponce de leon but im not quite sure if thats off your path or not

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom