Question on BCD inflator hose connector sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rnln

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I want of get the IP gauge with BCD inflator connector (link below), how do I know it will fit my inflator hose? As far as I know, there are many different types/sizes of this connector. I have an Aqualung BCD and a DSS wing. They both are different sized. I also have some hoses from ScubaPro and another brand which I forget what it is, all are different. Does anyone know what specs I should look for in this device to be able to fit in with my DSS wing inflator hose?

Aqua Intermediate Pressure Gauge with BCD QD Fitting

Thanks in advance.

I’m pretty sure your DSS hose is just a standard QD and would fit the gauge your looking at. If you want something to fit all of your various hoses you may be better off with a gauge and spin on adaptor kit from Scuba Tools. It will cost more but fit everything you own.

Alternate air source inflators: Air2, Octoflate, OctoZ, SS1, AirSource, etc. use different, larger, higher-flow, air-supply connectors than standard BC inflators. There are (at least) 3 different styles depending on manufacturer.

If you get an IP gauge with a standard BC inflator connector, you can then just buy the QC adapter(s) to connect your style(s) of inflator hose/connector to a standard BC connector.

Examples:
Edge Scuba Pro Male x Standard Female Inflator Adapter
edge-scuba-pro-male-x-standard-female-inflator-adapter.jpg

Edge Sea Quest Male x Standard Female Inflator Adapter
edge-sea-quest-male-x-standard-female-inflator-adapter.jpg

Trident Standard To Air 2 Inflator Adapter
trident-standard-to-air-2-inflator-adapter.jpg

Back
Top Bottom