Question on Dolphin DIN Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zugzug

Registered
Reaction score
I orignally posted this on the tanks & valves board, but I realize that since it involves a SCR it might be best asked here.

I have a Drager Dolphin Unit which I would like to get a larger tank for. The Dolphin Regulator has a DIN type valve which is the reversed of the normal DIN configuration. F instead of male.

Getting a tank isn't a problem, finding a Male DIN valve for the tank is. Anyone know who/where I can find such an item? I know someone makes them, just don't know who.

Thanks
:)

A number of years ago Scubapro had a Nitrox-dedicated valve that had a male outlet. I have no idea if it's the same, but you might want to check it out...

Roak

The good news is that 'Yes' it is the same old Scupapro valve. The not-so-good news is that they are almost impossible to find in the US.
As I understand it, Scubapro came up with the idea awhile back of making the EAN-valve such that not just any reg (ie, non O2 cleaned) can be attached to it, it had to be the special reverse-DIN configuration (meaning it shoulda been cleaned). So now everyone had to not only buy the reverse-DIN valve/reg, they had to buy it from ..... Scubapro!
End result is that there was a lot of extra valves lying around, and Drager took advantage of the same principle of having a unique fitting, to preclude us from hanging a standard 1st stage onto a piece of gear that required a much higher Intermediate Pressure than normal (usual IP is 125-150 psi while the Dolpin orifices require about twice that to reach their designed flow characteristics).
You might find an orphan one in the junk-bin at your LDS, or maybe sweet-talk them into trying to order one from Europe.
If you do find some, let me know......

I have a 50-cu ft. tank that I use with my Draeger and ordered a Draeger valve from my LDS. Now that Aqua-Lung is doing the selling of the unit, you should be able to order one from them via an LDS.

Be careful, there are two types, one that fits the 28 cu ft steel that comes with the unit and one that fits an aluminum like the 50 cu ft.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom