Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jsmit

Reaction score
im new very new to underwater photography and i want to know is it a good idea or nessecary to use a strobe to take pics while snorkeling. will the pics be better with the external strobe in shallow water.
thanks

Given the amount of time you have to find, approach, frame and photograph any given subject, I think you should start with the internal flash. Use the flash for close subjects, but turn it off and use manual controls for further away subjects.

It depends on the current conditions and the depth of the water. You cannot get as close to your subject snorkeling as diving, and on overcast days a flash can come in very handy. I use a Inon 2000s while snokeling and it does help. Check out some of my picks and other snorkeling info Peg N Derek

If you're in 25-30ft of water with good viz 25-50ft viz on a bright sunny day, you do not have to use any flash. Avoid the onboard flash if you have a lot of paticulents otherwise you'll have backscatter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom