Questions about gear...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Brad:
Sheriff,

Come visit us I'll take care of you. Just send me a personal note and let me know what you need.

Scuba Brad

Happy Diving
Im in the market for a new dry suit, I'll be giving you a call.

I will only buy what I need at the time. To start with I plan on buying my fins,mask,boots,gloves and a snorkel. I guess this is the "first group". I don't think it would be a good idea to buy it all at once.
I am not ready to invest a few thousand just yet(my luck I will find out that diving isn't for me and have to sell it all to you guys! lol).
Thanks
Kenneth

eclipse_guy:
I have never dove before and still looking for a class to take.
I am very sure this is something that I will love to do. So I don't really want to get anything that I will need to "upgrade" to something better later.

I also want to buy all my gear before I start
My questions are.
What gear will I need and what is a good brand/cost?
I only plan on diving in freash water and the swimming pool to start out with but will do some salt water diving as well in the future.
Is there any difference in gear for salt/freash water?
Also, where can I go to get all the basic info without posting a million posts!
Thanks
Kenneth

Well if you buy all your gear first...you won't be able to pay for the course :)

Seriously...take the course first...then acquire the equipment

Things change

Paul in VT

Good advise Paul..............find what you want, what you like, and what you need. Then go shopping.

Happy Diving

Back
Top Bottom