Questions on Bull Shoals Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zihuatcat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
We are renting a houseboat on Bull Shoals Lake in June and plan to hit some of the dive spots. We have a map of the sites but were just wondering if some are recommended over others. We are 1 advanced diver and 1 newbie diver (less than 10 dives). Are the dive sites marked with buoys? Also, what is the water temp usually in June? We both have 3/2 full wetsuits. Thanks in advance for your help!

You should be fine on the dive sites none are really that hard. their are no buoys so if you have a GPS take it or a good map. water temp should be in the 70's or even 80's by then.
BEWARE of the thermocline it will be sharp!

3/2 should be ok till around the 40 to 50 ft mark after that like I said BEWARE!

Their are no dive shop's on Bull but their are plenty in Mtn. Home. scuba doo is the best in the town of Mtn.Home.

try a wall dive around the dam viz is really good around their and good for any level diver.

Have Fun!!

We rent houseboats from bull shoals lake boat dock twice a year! We dont pay any attention to the dive map, just find a nice cove, pull up and tie off! Usually in may and october so we use dry suits in may but you should be fine shallow in june. Bull shoals boat dock also does air fills. There is no need to run all up and down the lake and burn gas$$$

Bull shoals boat dock also does air fills. There is no need to run all up and down the lake and burn gas$$$

The reason I have said that their are good shop's in Mtn Home is that while I do like the Bull shop on the lake I and many others that dive their alot have gotten bad air.
And Mtn home is not that far from hwy 178 to 5 n.

Just saying

Thanks so much for your replies and helpful information. We are really looking forward to this trip.

Bull Shoals is nice for diving because there isn't a lot of boat traffic. Many of the dive sites are a little "hoky", but typically nice dives.

We do have some information on our website at www.midwestmuckdiving.com At the top of the page click on the GPS Map and it will take you to a document that has dive locations with GPS. Along the left side of the front page you can see updated dive reports for various locations, Bull Shoals will be listed. On the right, are links to many of our favorite sites.

Have fun and post a update when you get back.

Snagel

Back
Top Bottom