quick isolator/doubles question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

booth22

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Setting up some doubles, I have the isolator open and a reg on each tank. If I only have one tank open (along with the isolator) I was under the assumption the one open tank would provide air to either reg. However, with the isolator open, as soon as I shut down one post, I lose pressure on that reg/spg.

When I had the tanks filled, the isolator was open and both tanks were filled off one post, so at least the isolator worked at that point, but no luck now? Am I confused here or just not doing something right? :confused: I'll be taking them into the shop on Monday, but thought some SBers might help in the meantime....

awesome thanks!

As long as the isolator valve is open, regardless of what position the post valves are in, air will mix between the two tanks. Shutting down a post is only done if you have a 1st stage failure. Any other type of failure requires the isolator to be shut down otherwise you'll lose all your air from both tanks.

Back
Top Bottom