Question Quick question about Bonaire fees

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not Advised … do so at your own risk of delays upon arrival.
The Bonaire Tax Authority told me this was OK and I used it to buy 31 QR codes for a group, only a few of whom arrived during the first week. The arrived a week or two or three later.

Thanks for this information. I will be there in November and had no idea this was necessary.
they just changed their fee structure last year, so even those of us who "knew" are finding out about the updates. I believe the fee is good for a full year (multiple entries) now as well. I'm heading down there in november as well and my LDS still has the old info on their flyer - which I expect they'll work out at trip time.

they just changed their fee structure last year, so even those of us who "knew" are finding out about the updates. I believe the fee is good for a full year (multiple entries) now as well. I'm heading down there in november as well and my LDS still has the old info on their flyer - which I expect they'll work out at trip time.
Yeah, it appears they did away with the snorkel rate which I believe was $25.

The fee is good for a calendar year so the November payment is only good until 12/31.

Looked

Looked it up again. Tax is $75 per visit, and nature park fee is $40 for the calendar year.
That is correct… the visitor fee is per visit (regardless of length of stay) and the MP fee is per calendar year.

The Visitor fee essentially replaces the old hotel/tourist tax which was historically tacked on to your hotel bill.
$75 for the privilege of staying on the island is a bargain.
$40 to dive in the Marine Park is also IMO, no great hardship.

$40 to dive in the Marine Park is also IMO, no great hardship
Especially since it is good for the calendar year! Go twice, amortize the fee!

The Visitor fee essentially replaces the old hotel/tourist tax which was historically tacked on to your hotel bill.
Was the old tax per visitor or per room/house? The new $75/visitor tax feels like a lot, but maybe there has long been several hundred dollars tax on the villas our group would rent, and I just never paid attention to the "tax" line?

Lorenzoid, I can't remember either whether PP or Per room.

Was the old tax per visitor or per room/house? The new $75/visitor tax feels like a lot, but maybe there has long been several hundred dollars tax on the villas our group would rent, and I just never paid attention to the "tax" line?
I used to pay $6.50 per person per night when I stayed. Adults only.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom