Quick Question about servicing gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good point made.

Although I fully believe in having my reg/air2 serviced at least once a year, after servicing I like to take it in the pool before going out in the o/w just to make sure everything is okay. Last year I had some air leakage from my first stage as a result of either too many o-rings being installed, or not enough, or too much grease...never really got a good answer, but I did get it fixed before going out in the open.

Think about it. Although the technician at your LDS is no doubt very competent in his skills, many times he is doing double duty when fellow staff members are busy or out to lunch or on a smoke break. Add in a cell phone call from the girl/boyfriend and you have enough interruptions to cause him/her to lose concentration and then something doesn't put back together right.

I just figure it's my life this guy is playing with and I want to make sure he's paying attention to what he/she is doing.

Back to you...

Back
Top Bottom