Quick trip report - Blue XT-Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elora_c

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Since I rely on other people's reports and reviews when making my decisions, I figure it is only fair to give my own report. Neither my husband nor my son dive, so 3 years ago I decided to go for a short dive trip by myself, which has been an annual recurrence. All 4 times have been to Cozumel. First year was with Scuba Club Cozumel, then 2 years with 3P (staying at Casa Mexicana) and then this year with Blue XT-Sea, again at Casa Mexicana.

I had a great time with Blue XT-Sea. I dove 2 days with Martin and 2 days with Pedro on both Bandida 2 and Shamu. I liked Bandida 2 as it is bigger, and more protected from the wind (and rain). Though, it was much harder getting up on the edge for entry. Both of these boats were bigger than 3P's. At least, bigger than Loan Shark, as that's the one I was generally on. Pedro and Martin did a great job at pointing things out and taking us on interesting dives. The diving itself wasn't great as the currents were fairly strong and visibility was poor. Surface intervals were a good length and I really appreciated that they provide towels.

Two things that I did like better about 3P: they handle wetsuits overnight, and the chocolate cakes they get are yummy :) Christi's treats are better made and healthier, but if I'm going to indulge, I like a nice chocolate (or marble) cake. But I'll be contacting Christi first on my next trip.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! Well, I have to say we DO send delicious marble cakes, and muffins, and even brownies quite often - but remember Santos was on his well earned vacation during your visit, so snacks were up to me - And we did have some gluten free divers on board, so I was trying not to torture them as well - hahaha! I'll make a note that you're a fan of the indulgent treats for next trip! It was a pleasure to meet you and we'll look forward to seeing you next year!

I've gone on dives in Roatan, Belize, Cabo Pulmo, Anilao, Sabang Beach and Socorro all of which were great with great DM's but have never found someone as competent as Pedro....just my opinion.

My husband and I had the pleasure and honor of diving with Pedro for 13 years. We miss him very much. Mike and Sue

.... diving with Pedro for...
He's awesome and can find almost anything underwater. I think he still logs all of his dives.

Love Pedro, and yes he logs every single dive.

What I like most about him, is even with tens of thousands of dives, you can tell he still LOVES it....! He will stay down as long as anyone wants, he will hang at the safety stop still pointing stuff out instead of like some ops where the DM is ready to GTFO of the water.

Makes me really miss that I didnt get to dive this year!!!!!!! :)

Love Pedro, and yes he logs every single dive.

What I like most about him, is even with tens of thousands of dives, you can tell he still LOVES it....! He will stay down as long as anyone wants, he will hang at the safety stop still pointing stuff out instead of like some ops where the DM is ready to GTFO of the water.

Makes me really miss that I didnt get to dive this year!!!!!!! :)
The year isn't over yet Justin - just sayin - haha!

I echo all of the comments about Pedro...he's the best! Although he was on a well-deserved vacation when I dove with BlueXTSea in July, I still had a wonderful trip with Martin and Arturo. Those three are great.

Some years ago a DM on Cozumel told me he was going on vacation. I asked him where he went, since he was living in a tropical paradise. He said, "Someplace cold."

Back
Top Bottom