Quick Trip report from Maui July 16-21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maven a short and simple response isnt good enough for alot of people on here. you need witnesses, affadavits, notaries and a grand jury to prove a point. i dont give a crap how many people try to come to his rescue on here. i said his service SUCKS! and that is my opinion. do i not like the guy, absolutely not. but the bottom line is with the advent of boards like this and social media etc, business owners have to be accountable not just for customers, but potential customers too.

I don't know Doug personally (just by reputation) so I don't have a dog in this fight. I was simply trying to understand your complaint given the information that was posted. You have the right to your opinion.

Ouch, you really didn't need to yell, though obviously you're very frustrated and upset. It absolutely is NOT clear from the e-mail or anything previously said that the twilight dive was your planned dive. Thank you for clearing that up, a simple clarification would have sufficed.

Shootz Brah! I go diving for a couple hours and look what I missed!!??

It was super nice today. A lot better than it was last week and the week before. It changes so quickly sometimes. Viz was nearly 70 feet off the shore. We had a ball!

Here's a shot I was able to capture today. It was fun and I haven't seen one of these ALL OF 2012! Who can name this fish? (Local Ohana are disqualified from this quick quiz since you all know how cool it is to see one!)

8-7-12 Diving Five Caves & Turtle Piles 075.jpg

....We dove with Doug, and he works his A$$ off setting peoples' gear up, briefing, managing divers of VASTLY different skill levels, and keeping everyone happy and safe. The entry at five graves isn't as easy as off the back of a boat, and then he has to take all his rental gear home and rinse that stuff out BEFORE what I would assume is a well earned beverage (or three). The man earns his money, and you should give him a break dude!

I think you should have said Doug "breaks his back setting peoples' gear up, briefing, managing divers of VASTLY different skill levels, and keeping everyone happy and safe. The entry at five graves isn't as easy as off the back of a boat, and then he has to take all his rental gear home and rinse that stuff out BEFORE what I would assume is a well earned beverage (or three). The man earns his money, and you should give him a break dude!"

Last time I checked my A$$ was FINE!

Here's a pic I "worked hard" to get today to make up for that tasteless joke...

(I really am sorry but you set me right up for that Tunaman!)

8-7-12 Diving Five Caves & Turtle Piles 061.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Oriental flying gurnard.

Dactyloptena orientalis

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Damn Fisheater! That was quick! Nicely done!

(People really do read this post! Who knew?)

Crazy thing... on the same dive I found a dead juvenile flying gurnard about to get devoured by a sand crab of some sorts. Here's a pic of that too. Smallest one I have ever seen. (By the way, today is the first day of 2012 of even seeing a gurnard on any of my dives! How cool is that?)

8-7-12 Diving Five Caves & Turtle Piles 042.jpg

The tail was eaten off and only one eye was left. Found in about 5 feet of water at Five Caves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom