Quiet in here...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flightlead

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey y'all.

Quiet in here. Anybody doing any interesting diving?

I've been working on my Deep Tec, and have dives 3,4, and 5 this weekend at Dive Haven.

Y'know, the Deep South DIR forum is awfully quiet, too. I asked a question a couple of weeks ago, and didn't even receive one response.

Sweet! Deep Tec...I can only dream of doing dives like that. I'm still trying to figure out how to maintain good trim :(

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! loud enough see you sat. Hey Martin I will be at the shop tonight fill deco tanks tonight if they have enough O2 let me know if you need yours filled maybe we can get both of ours filled. Tim

Hey, guys !!!

Yeah, it is.

We'll be heading up to LLM the weekend of the 4th to camp out and do some putzing diving and steak cooking.

Man, this gas thing is really cutting into the trips to the Gulf.

Think I'm going to buy a scooter and build a little cart to pull behind it to carry my gear.

the K

A buddy and I are planning a Friday - Sunday trip to Vortex Springs for Labor day if anyone wants to join. if we can carpool it, we can save some gas and cash. I have a Jeep and will be towing a 5'X8' Trailer.

The gas thing sucks even for me...and I'm already driving a pretty darn gas-efficient vehicle. When I got certified last November, I figured I'd be driving to warmer water every other week this summer. Now that summer has arrived, I find myself diving at the same local quarry I got certified in, because it's only an hour away. The highlight of my week was when they sunk a new car!

How did it go today?

I died. Made it through a grueling dive three 2 hours duration with Murphy (aka Bobby and John) stealing masks and fins, etc. Completed dive four, which is the first dive where you are hitting a run schedule. Died twice on dive 5. Switched to the wrong gas at the wrong depth (died by toxing out and drowning) them omitted 10 minutes of deco and died of DCS on the surface. Unfortunately I killed my team mate also. I got confused because of the way I had recorded the dive on my slate, and managed to convince Tim our deco was cleared.

all in all a very fun, and mentally and physically challenging dive weekend! I learned a lot. I'm feeling much better about valve shutdowns, my personal bugaboo, and managing two stages. ready to hit it again next weekend, repeating dive 5, and possibly doing 6 and maybe even 7.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I did also.

Nice light you have in your avitar Justin!!!

Back
Top Bottom