R.I.P. Tom Morato. Manila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

karl, this is just so shocking. i am so, so sorry bro.
please give my best to alex and the rest of the team there - my thoughts and prayers are with y'all and all of the diver's network family.

It is with regrets that Tom passed away earlier today. He was at home when this happened and not teaching a class.

As a good friend and dive buddy of Tom I can say that the dive community as a whole has lost a lot today with Tom's passing.

Rest in price bro, it's not going be the same without you dude

I wake up this morning and read all these RIP's on my Facebook page and I had to get some sort of confirmation. I now have it by coming to SB. I met Tom by a very different way, not diving. I had some High Pressure paintball tanks I needed filling for my friends in Quezon City. His store happened to be the closest one. I got to meet a man who influenced me to dive sidemount. I tried to stop by and see him whenever I came back to Manila. He wanted to try a DUI drysuit and I brought one with me for him to try so he could make a decision if he wanted one or not. So young, with so much promise and enthusiasm. Sayang....what a loss...to the Technical Diving world in the Philippines. My prayers to his family and friends around the world.

Jim Campos

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to know Tom well and stayed at his home/shop a number of times. Tom was a brilliant diver with perfect buoyancy, one of the top cave explorers in the Philippines, a damn good instructor and one hell of nice guy. He set the standard to strive for. Diving has lost another great, and he will be sorely missed. My condolences to his family, friends and co-workers.

WOW, I am shocked.. I have some fond memories of Tom when he came to NY/PA for me to do his HammerHead CCR and some instructor training... He will be missed.

oh my rest in peace.......we will pray for him..

---------- Post added May 6th, 2012 at 06:57 PM ----------

R.I.P i will pray for him
thanks.

I am very sorry to say that I never met Tom. I happened to email him on the 26th, and I am extremely sorry to say he will not be my cave instructor. RIP Tom, I will have always missed the opportunity to have you train me. One opportunity I am sure to regret.

May peace be with all those who knew him dearly. I feel great sorrow for all of you close to him.

I apologise that I have only heard this news today, but I know he will greatly be missed in the community.

May time heel greatly....

Jim

It is with regrets that Tom passed away earlier today. He was at home when this happened and not teaching a class.

As a good friend and dive buddy of Tom I can say that the dive community as a whole has lost a lot today with Tom's passing.

Back
Top Bottom