Railroad Bridge in Pt Pleasent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

genxweb

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
is anyone or does anyone know anyone diving there this coming weekend into next week (july 5th to 8th). We will be in pt pleasant Sunday through Wednesday for vacation and the site has been on my list since I was a little kid spending my summers at pt pleasant. If there is any shops going let me know if it would be ok to tag along. I am going to see if we have room in the car to pack my travel gear leaving my bigger tec gear at home. The hotel we stay at is literally next door to Atlantic scuba so I can grab tanks there.

Thanks

I wish I could join you. A fun place when the visibility is good. Weekends see a lot of dive classes. The tides only allow about an hour of diving twice in every 24 hour period, at peak high tide. The currents are very strong when the tides are running. People have drowned there. There will almost certainly be other divers there.

Not sure when you are planning to be here on the 5th but tides are a bit wonky next week. So late night or mid afternoon high tides...
You want to be careful with the tides on the bridge they can quickly change and grab you and spit you through the underpass. I try to be in the water 30 mins before high tide but watch the water start to slack off and I try to stay about 20 or 30 mins after depending on the current.

July 5th High 11:04 AM or High 11:21 PM
July 6th High 12:00 PM
July 7th High 12:18 AM or High 12:56 PM
July 8th High 1:14 AM or High 1:52 PM

I like L Street in Belmar (upper left side is a sailboat dock that I like or Maclearie Park (in photo the park is just on the other side of the tennis courts) close by has easy parking and steps into the water... I dive an hour before High Tide into an hour after high tide - the current does not rip through here - you can feel it but you can swim against it....

Shark River L Street Diagram.jpg

FYI only - dove on 7/1 at Maclearie Park and saw 6 yellow seahorses and 4 brown seahorses - night dive... So not to diminish the railroad bridge but due to the currents that go through there you will not see the sea life that you will see at Maclearie or L-Street...

I may have found some extra time - I can not commit yet but Monday may work (that means on the site at 11am for high tide at noon) - Tues is out and Weds is iffy...
Let me know if you have time Monday I will try to confirm later.

Back
Top Bottom