Rainbow Reef Internship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey folks give the person a break!

The OP says it is time for a new life direction. Accept that. Whether it is a good decision or a bad decision is up to the OP, not any of us.

We have been asked strictly for some information to help with how the OP goes about re-inventing himself.

Lets be positive, upbeat and supportive and not argue about how a person chooses to live their life, eh? Who knows that attitude may even be contagious?

To the OP: No matter where you settle may you be having fun and good diving.

Hey Mike,
It's rough not making any money for 6 months. I say pay for the courses or talk to other dive shops about a deal where you work for them and advance in your certifications. Most shops are pretty cool, need the help, understand that it's pricey, and would be willing to work with you. From personal experience, I do not recomend the rainbow internship.

qt51mel:
Hey Mike,

From personal experience, I do not recomend the rainbow internship.

Hey qt51mel, nice first post??? Fill out a profile and give us an idea what personal experience led to your flame! Sounds a lot like a sock pupet to me:shakehead

waynel:
I agree with you Pattaya, 200 dives should be more than enough for someone to become an instructor. If you do anything 200 times I think that qualifies you as a veteran in that endeavor.

I don't agree with this part of your post in genereal but with the right student, 200 dives can be enough. 200 dives does not qualify you as a veteran. You may be considered an expert and have the knowledge and skills to teach but that's not quite veteran status. I think of veteran as defined more by time, experience, and knowledge than just knowledge by itself. I attended one of these 4 month dives school with very little prior diving experience and I learned a lot and I feel very confident in my diving. One of my classmates though ran out of air on a 25 min., 12 ft. dive his first day as a paid instructor. It all depends on the instructor and the student.

aowdan:
i'm doing sort of the same thing but through the local college. the quality of instruction is AWESOME.

Stay focused Dan. My IE was at KWCC (spring 2000) and my course director claimed more than half the KWCC canidates failed the written exam. Sometimes longer is not better. Only ~10% of the Dive Shop IDC factory canidates failed the written.

Mike are you still around? If you can afford to pay for the classes and intern for 6 months, plus live off less than $30,000 per year as an instructor, go for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom