Rainbow Reef: New sitcom about scuba diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think a Airplane style remake of Sea Hunt would pretty awesome, the over wrought pretense, the drama and of course the bikini dips.... The Warhammer Episode: Mike is hired to take a documentary crew out to a rarely visited, highly restricted reef. He simultaneously deals with a lunch basket filled with warm egg salad, and a chemical head that has malfunctioned. Desperately they wait topside for the divers hanging in deco so they can move out of the restricted zone, where mike and his crew can finally get relief....

The Coldwater Episode: Mike and his crew fly into the Caribbean to film tropical luxury.... leaving their wetsuits at home they find a shift in the currents has caused a coldwater upwelling. Now they are faced with a selection of Rental wetsuits..... and the problem of keeping warm in them.... Who is okay with warming the suits from the inside and who isn't? and who is not okay with rental wetsuits at all?

Lots of potential....

I think a Airplane style remake of Sea Hunt would pretty awesome, the over wrought pretense, the drama and of course the bikini dips.... The Warhammer Episode: Mike is hired to take a documentary crew out to a rarely visited, highly restricted reef. He simultaneously deals with a lunch basket filled with warm egg salad, and a chemical head that has malfunctioned. Desperately they wait topside for the divers hanging in deco so they can move out of the restricted zone, where mike and his crew can finally get relief....

The Coldwater Episode: Mike and his crew fly into the Caribbean to film tropical luxury.... leaving their wetsuits at home they find a shift in the currents has caused a coldwater upwelling. Now they are faced with a selection of Rental wetsuits..... and the problem of keeping warm in them.... Who is okay with warming the suits from the inside and who isn't? and who is not okay with rental wetsuits at all?

Lots of potential....

I don't think it would work without Lloyd Bridges...but still a good idea.

I don't think it would work without Lloyd Bridges...but still a good idea.

Well, seeing as he has been dead 15 years, he might need to be re-cast with another actor.... I certainly could see Ed Asner gruffly explaining the principle of the Warhammer to the uninitiated "You pull down your trunks and take a crap in the water... Just make sure when you are done you swim forward..."

I just read about this show in the January 2015 Dive Training magazine. It looks like fun, does anyone know if it will be shown in Canada?

kickstarter says the funding was cancelled back in April. And this: Rainbow Reef (TV Movie 2015) - IMDb was last updated in March.

I haven't yet received my January issue of Dive Training, but this: January 2015 Volume 25 Number 1 list of articles doesn't seem to show Rainbow Reef. Was it an adverrtisement? or ... ?

It’s a one page article. It gave this link at the end.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rainbow-REEF/269806209861537?

Sadly, there second attempt at financing the show ended January 2nd.  They raised only $140 of a targeted $200,000.  A shame, it might have been fun to watch.  Maybe they will be able to get more traditional financing.

Sadly, there second attempt at financing the show ended January 2nd.  They raised only $140 of a targeted $200,000.  A shame, it might have been fun to watch.  Maybe they will be able to get more traditional financing.

Too bad, Dive Training Magazine will probably make a correction in their next issue.

:(

Back
Top Bottom