Raja Ampat and then ? in February

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey everyone, thank you for the great threads. Lot's of excellent info.

Heading to Raja Ampat next month for a week.

I'm hoping the weather, viz will cooperate.

Could use some help with the second part of our trip when we head back to the west.

Thinking of finishing the trip off on a beach in Bali or Lombok or the Gilis.

What location / places to stay / dive would be our best bet for weather, diving and relaxing on a beach.

Not interested in big resorts.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks.

What about Tulamben or Lembongan Island in Bali.

The East coast may have better visibility.

We enjoyed our stay at Dive Terminal Resort in Tulamben.

Heres hoping you get great visibility and weather.

What about Hoga island in the Wakatobi? Very remote, beautiful beaches....amazing diving and snorkeling on the home reef, a short swim from the shore and 22 surrounding dive sites. Its rustic and very affordable, and all the local staff are very friendly and helpful.

See more info and photos on our website www (dot) wasagedivers (dot) com

(Sorry for that but I can't post URLS yet as i'm a new member!)

If you want quite then head to North Bali Lovina, Singaaraja, Pemuteran.

Tulamben and lembongan and a little busier. February towards the end of Rainy season and some times still some wind around making the diving on the northern sites sometimes a little unpredictable.
Talk with the operator and they should steer you right.

Blue Season
Bali Dive Academy
Bali Diving
jukung Dive bali
Amed Scuba
Euro DiveBali
Tulamben Wreck Divers
And a number of others

Bali has so many things to do and see after a dive trip it is just amazing, you should really consider trying to go to Ubud for at least a day to see the the artisans represented there, some of the best wood carvers in the world and very beautiful scenery
If you really want to go just chill out and dive some more then you want to go up north to the Liberty Wreck, we suggest staying at serraya resort just down from the wreck it is a beautiful boutique resort with lovely bungalows on a very nice black sand beach, real quite and great critter diving right off the beach.
The gilis are nice, backpacker oriented with a lot of cheap options to stay and dive but a lot more lively with full moon parties and such.
If you have any more questions please feel free to ask:D

Thanks for all the tips.

I think we've decided to spend a few days in Ubud after Raja Ampat and see how it goes from there.

I'll be sure to report back on the Raja Ampat diving when we return.

Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom