Random Scuba Photos...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MtnDiver

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Sometimes I see an interesting thumbnail displayed on the "Random photos" at the top of the main page. I click on the photo and get a screen that says "This forum requires a password for access!". What's up with that? Tried my ScubaBoard password, that wasn't it.

Here's an example:

picture

Interesting, as the administrator I have complete gallery access so I obviously can not tell if an image is restricted. We do let users create private galleries and from tests those images were not showing up anywhere outside of the gallery but it looks like their may be a bug. I will figure out why the image is being displayed if it is from a private gallery and fix it so that doesnt happen in the future. Sorry for the troubles.

MtnDiver is correct.. When I click on the link provided here is the screen that I got:

Thanks for the reminder about letting you guys about this.

I've had that happen to my own pictures that have shown on the Random Shots from a private album (which surprised that it would display them first fo all). When I clicked on the photo it said I needed a password to access it. Clicking on the folder from the My Gallery screen also asks for a password. Going into Album Admin gives you the ability to click on a URL that has your user ID and password built into it which will let you into the private album.

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php? cat=652&password=xxxxxxx

Is this the way it's supposed to work? I don't know if we want those pictures of me in a speedo getting out? :D

Also can we change our passwords?

Marc

Marc,
You can change (or generate a new) passwords via the album admin, this is a new feature so you may not have noticed it before.

Regarding the photos from the private galleries, I will see that this is corrected as soon as possible, luckily the issue is with thumbnails only!

Tech Admin:
Marc,
You can change (or generate a new) passwords via the album admin, this is a new feature so you may not have noticed it before.

Not anymore, link for album admin is now gone...:06:

Odd, I'll check into it, is anyone else having the same problem?

Yup. MtnDiver pointed you to the thread where I reported it last night.

Also don't know if it's related or anything to be concerned about, but the Random Shots on the home page only displays three photos now, where as before yesterday it would display four.

Marc

Marc,
I changed the page to show only 3 photos as it was too wide on some styles with lower resolution settings. As for the album admin, I will be looking into that now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom