Ranger chest strap and Drysuit Inflator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IceBergSlim

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hey all, My Ranger chest strap seems to be designed to push on and inflate my DUI drysuit. This can be annoying..I am thinking it is time to modify the Ranger straps. Anyone else with this problem or issue? It seems like a design flaw...But who knows?

IceBergSlim once bubbled...
This can be annoying..I am thinking it is time to modify the Ranger
Seriously... using the ebay modification I was able to eliminate all interference from the straps!

Check out my profile picture and you will see my inflator with no straps anywhere near it.

Syd Diver..Do you dive a Ranger without the chest strap (but no other modification?)... I mean, when you are not doin' the hard hat type dives of course. Is the Ranger something you advocate? ( sans chest strap)?
U Pug, If we had not had this type of discussion in the past I would be very confused now! I do understand your thoughts, but to be true I am looking to hang on to my Ranger for a bit longer. Let me exhaust the abilitys of the BC before I move on to other solutions . I thank you both for your response.
Peace, D

Hey Ice
Yes I do have a Ranger without a Chest strap (but no other modification).
It works fine without the chest strap.

Of course you could always ditch the Ranger harness and throw a Zeagle BP onto your existing wing. The Zeagle BP will take all the Zeagle wings including the one on your Ranger, nice thing about Zeagle its all integrated everything fits everything else.

Thats very informative..I thank you..I will do as you state when the time is right for me. Next Time...Uh... First time...I am in your neck of the woods I may ask for your advice again. Till then, Peace on you and yours, Dg

hi,
i have two positions on my Ranger.. while using the lower one, it had interfered with my dry suit inflation button. I have just connected to the upper one (close to the chest) and everything is great now....

Do you also have on your Ranger two straps for connecting the strap?

Sasha

dvas:
hi,
i have two positions on my Ranger.. while using the lower one, it had interfered with my dry suit inflation button. I have just connected to the upper one (close to the chest) and everything is great now....

Do you also have on your Ranger two straps for connecting the strap?

Sasha
:doctor: Not all Rangers have the two strap position points older models do not. Zeagle gave this option just for the purpose being discussed here and for personal comfort of the diver. You can dive without the chest strap and the Zeagle harness will be just as secure on you. Zeagle drysuits have the chest inflator in a different position than DUI. I believe the Zeagle inflator is a bit lower. I would need to compare my suit to a DUI inflator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom