Ranger LTD or standard????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive the LTD. All warm water with 14 pounds. Don't need the 45# but it's nice to have. Throw some additional weight like a big Grouper or a bag full of Conch and it's nice to have the capacity. Extra rings are nice, zipper features under the wing are handy, have never used the roll out pocket on the CB , but the side pockets have got some use. Nice for rescue breather mask etc.

Rich

scubatoys:
I agree with herman that the 45 lbs of lift is a bit over-kill... But I like the harness better on the Ranger than the Escape...

Larry

Why do you like the harness better on the Ranger? I'm looking for a new BC (my 15-year old Zeagle is still fine but it was too big when I got it and I lost a lot of weight!) I have tried on the Ranger and really like it but no one locally (and by local I mean a 3-hour drive!) has anything else.

I'm a woman, 5'3" and about 130 lbs--any of your customers fit my profile and dive the hybrid? I dislike the chest strap immensely but don't know if I need it.

I'm also looking at an Aqualung Malibu--you don't carry those but any thoughts?

Robin

Friday, July 2nd, 2004.... I took the plunge and ordered the Brigade. Will let you all know next weekend what it is like.

RobinG:
scubatoys:
I agree with herman that the 45 lbs of lift is a bit over-kill... But I like the harness better on the Ranger than the Escape...

Larry

Why do you like the harness better on the Ranger? I'm looking for a new BC (my 15-year old Zeagle is still fine but it was too big when I got it and I lost a lot of weight!) I have tried on the Ranger and really like it but no one locally (and by local I mean a 3-hour drive!) has anything else.

I'm a woman, 5'3" and about 130 lbs--any of your customers fit my profile and dive the hybrid? I dislike the chest strap immensely but don't know if I need it.

Robin

Robin,
One of the ladies that was in my dive class has the Zeagle Zena, and she really likes it. It is made specifically for women.

Redleg02:
Robin,
One of the ladies that was in my dive class has the Zeagle Zena, and she really likes it. It is made specifically for women.

Thanks. I have not been able to place my bod in one but from what I can tell, they would be very restrictive. I feel the "girls," while rather buoyant on their own, are well contained in a swim suit, and whatever exposure suit I'm wearing. Since I dive anything form a skin to a 5 mil, I don't want to feel more compressed than I have to be. I have spoken with either people who wear them or know someone who does and the reviews are mixed.

The Ranger is similar to the ancient Zeagle I have now, not restrive feeling, but it's a bit, well, heavy and "too much" which is why the Brigade is interesting, as is the Escape.

Robin

Concept was originally offered with a choice of wings, and a choice of weight systems.

I dive a Concept with 35lb wing and velcro front weight pockets, and dumpable rear weight pockets.

I can put one weight in each back pocket, wear one weight on a belt, and use the front pockets for storage of safety / backup equipment. I am thinking of adding Fastex buckles to the pockets.

I would recommend the original Concept like I have, but I believe Zeagle no longer offers it. If I am wrong, feel free to correct me.

If any diver of any size has a problem with proper fit, try a Concept. It comes in two sizes. You may think this would make it more difficult to fit, but they are designed to fit any body. Concept is composed of sections that can be adjusted, so that the length and width of the BC can fit the length and width of the torso. In other words, you can make it longer or shorter, wider or narrower.

RobinG:

Robin

I have several women who have gotten them - some like the zena, others the ranger / escape / brigade. It's a bit of a personal preference. A small will fit you great, and no, you don't have to use the chest strap - and it is movable - 2 different spots you can choose to have it.

Of course if you want to check it out, if you order one, and try it on and it doesn't work for you, our policy is if you did not dive it - we can give you 100% refund - no questions asked, within 14 days of receiving it. And if we guess wrong on a size, we'll exchange it - and we'll even pay for shipping both ways.

But if you've tried a ranger - it will fit and feel exactly the same, just easier to pack with the lighter blader.

Robin,

I joke that my wife is built like a cartoon character ... she is 5'2" 38-24-36 and has a hard time buying clothes. The ONLY two BC's that felt comfortable, and did not restrict her movement, were the Zeagle Zena and Ladyhawk. All of the others had straps or panels that dug into the curvy parts. YMMV

scubatoad:
Robin,

The ONLY two BC's that felt comfortable, and did not restrict her movement, were the Zeagle Zena and Ladyhawk. All of the others had straps or panels that dug into the curvy parts. YMMV

Thanks for that info. I'll try to find a Zena in person and try it. I truly understand the difficulty in finding stuff that fits--I'm a touch taller and well, more padded but not too much so we have some of the same issues.

Robin

Back
Top Bottom