Ranger Purge Valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IrnBear

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My girlfriend has a Zeagle Ranger BCD that she is pretty happy with.
To purge the Air for decent, she has to lift the corrugated hose up to let air out. Or reach back to the lower dump and pull the cord.
On my daughter and my BCD we just have to pull on the corrugated hose and it dumps.
Is there a replacement corrugated purge/fill/pull dump hose for the Zeagle Ranger?

Any and all thoughts on this welcome.

Thank you,

IrnBear

It actually looks cost effective at $68-72 if the valve threads match.
I have never used my rear dump. Actually, my rear dump doesn't even have a pull.

I greatly appreciate the link:)

IrnBear

Are you talking about a fairly new (last decade or so) Ranger with a Zeagle Inflator?

Because they all have a remote exhaust on the inflator like yours does. There's a braided steel cable that runs inside the inflator hose the wraps around a pin captured by the hose on the end of the actual inflator mechanism.

It's possible it wasn't hooked up after the last service or left off, it likely didn't break - it's a pretty stout cable. Remove the cable ties at the inflator end and you should see the pin and cable - all that captures the pin is being surrounded by the hose so it may drop out when the hose is removed.

If there's something wrong or it's missing, the whole assembly minus the hose and inflator is $33.50. http://www.zeagleexpress.com/gear/BCDS/POWER INFLATORS/Remote Exhaust valve.html Have to match the length to the inflator hose so it works properly - i.e. you don't over stretch the hose before the dump opens.

Add a BX inflator at the same time and she can flush her BC with a garden hose. Zeagle Bx Power Inflator scuba diving gear at Zeagle Express

All the pieces needed for any repair: http://www.zeagleexpress.com/gear/BCDS/POWER INFLATORS.html

Try pulling on the inflator not the hose. I had a friend who was super surprised when I showed him as he also thought he didn't have one.

Thanks all for the information and links.

I don't know how old this Ranger is. Can't be decades old, it is in great shape:)
The dump hose is not a pull/purge setup. At the bladder it is a basic 90degree elbow. No purge.

So, this all made me think even more.
When we purchased this BCD used from a wonderful lady out of Northern WI (pink_fins), we also received a Zeagle Escape BCD.
I pulled the Escape out of the closet and wahla, it has the pull/purge dump setup we are looking for.
So, switched out the hose setup from the Escape with the hose setup for the Ranger and, POOF, ready to go:) It also has that fancy garden hose connection:)

Thank you again for all the info and links.

IrnBear

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom