Rat Bastards wiped out my bank account!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ghost.Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
I am reaching out to the Scubaboard brotherhood for help, advice, sympathy, or if I get lucky, a :boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing:to those that deserve it.....

Today, got a call from my wife asking me if I bought something REALLY expensive, to the tune of several thousand dollars....

Had to think for a minute, but there was nothing. Then she told me to pull up our account :shocked2::shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:

Sometime today, a charge from North Carolina went through for a large amount of cash, leaving the account with less than $200.00 in it....

Credit Union couldn't give me anymore info than what I saw online with my account except it was my debt card that was used. Credit union says that I have to make the effort to contact the party and try to talk to them. First order of business, card was canceled. Second, research the info that I have. I have the business name or at least what shows up on my statement, and the phone number. First call went straight to voice mail. Second call, man answered and he told me he would research it an call me back today/tomorrow. No call back today, so we will see.....

Here's where I need help if anyone can look into this. I tried the online reverse search engines and even paid for one of them to get the same info that I already know. The business name may be a contractor since I couldn't find any "brick and mortar" businesses listed, and the guys name didn't result in anything except wasted time.

So, if there is anyone with contacts at T-Mobile/Triton PCS, building contractors in North Carolina (Wake County/Raleigh area) and can assist in some way, I would appreciate it.

Here's the info from the charge:
919-349-7439 (traces back to T-Mobile/Triton PCS in Wake County/Raleigh area of NC)
DELGAT CERAMIC or USDELGAT CERAMIC
Danny Presil (name of Hispanic male that answered phone...)

I do have the trace number from the transaction that my credit union says is for Visa only, so if someone has access to that, I will provide in a pm.

Yes, Visa will reimburse after 10 days if they determine it's fraudulent, but since I am one of the many who is currently on indefinite vacation (i.e. laid off), it stings a little............:shakehead:

Ouch!

Something similar happened to me last month ... an account my sister and I had set up to help pay my mom's medical expenses got suddenly drained of funds (about $6000). Turned out to that someone at the nursing home she's staying at got ahold of her debit card and PIN and decided to do a bit of early Christmas shopping (mom's bedridden, recovering from a stroke, so we knew she hadn't gone shopping). We've recovered almost everything, and eventually should get the rest back.

I hope you have similar luck recovering what's yours ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

You also need to file a police report with your local LEO's ASAP. I had it happen 5 years ago. A person at a gas station kept the carbon from a credit card sale. Fortunately they were stupid enough to charge a new AC unit for THEIR HOUSE! and 300 to Honey Baked Ham. Also to their home address! It took the bank two weeks to put the funds back and I had to prove I was not in the area of the charges at the time. Work and my time card took care of that. But do file a police report and if they find the shiite follow through on the prosecution. I did not have to testify because mine was not the only one they screwed. They got him for 4 other bigger ripoffs. And when you file make sure that your guys send a copy to the local cops where the thief lives.

Good luck getting your cash back. Credit cards (in the USA) are safer than debit cards. Your maximum liability for fraudulent transactions is $50, by law.

Check with the contractor's license people in North Carolina. Typically, you can do this online and find address and personnel information.

Second in the pice report. Delay weakens your case and chances of recovery/justice.

Report it now. I had the same thing happen on a debit card and once I showed the police report to the bank they stopped telling me my terms of use and started their own investigation and took all the charges off my account.

Debit cards do not have the same protections as credit cards, unfortunately most of us find that out after something bad happens.

Go to Federal Trade Commission and file an identity theft report. Make a report to your local LEO. After you have a case number contact the credit bureau's and get your credit reports. You may also want to put a fraud watch on your 3 credit reports. If you notice anything in your credit reports, put a credit lock on your credit report.
Chris

I am reaching out to the Scubaboard brotherhood for help, advice, sympathy, or if I get lucky, a :boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing:to those that deserve it.....

Today, got a call from my wife asking me if I bought something REALLY expensive, to the tune of several thousand dollars....

Had to think for a minute, but there was nothing. Then she told me to pull up our account :shocked2::shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:

Sometime today, a charge from North Carolina went through for a large amount of cash, leaving the account with less than $200.00 in it....

Credit Union couldn't give me anymore info than what I saw online with my account except it was my debt card that was used. Credit union says that I have to make the effort to contact the party and try to talk to them. First order of business, card was canceled. Second, research the info that I have. I have the business name or at least what shows up on my statement, and the phone number. First call went straight to voice mail. Second call, man answered and he told me he would research it an call me back today/tomorrow. No call back today, so we will see.....

Here's where I need help if anyone can look into this. I tried the online reverse search engines and even paid for one of them to get the same info that I already know. The business name may be a contractor since I couldn't find any "brick and mortar" businesses listed, and the guys name didn't result in anything except wasted time.

So, if there is anyone with contacts at T-Mobile/Triton PCS, building contractors in North Carolina (Wake County/Raleigh area) and can assist in some way, I would appreciate it.

Here's the info from the charge:
919-349-7439 (traces back to T-Mobile/Triton PCS in Wake County/Raleigh area of NC)
DELGAT CERAMIC or USDELGAT CERAMIC
Danny Presil (name of Hispanic male that answered phone...)

I do have the trace number from the transaction that my credit union says is for Visa only, so if someone has access to that, I will provide in a pm.

Yes, Visa will reimburse after 10 days if they determine it's fraudulent, but since I am one of the many who is currently on indefinite vacation (i.e. laid off), it stings a little............:shakehead:

This sucks . . . I can't help with anything other then spreading this number around . . . maybe we can use all his monthly minutes up and cost him hundreds . . . IJS . . .

First and obvious step is to cancel that card if you havent already done so. You have to contact your local PD and file a report. From there they will determine if it needs to be escalated up to Federal and the FBI will handle it from there. If the FBI determines its not an amount worth Federal prosecution they will kick it back to municipal jurisdiction. Your bank should have a fraud/risk management dept who will also investigate this. Good luck.. hope everything works out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom