RAT Jr. -- Wow!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had the same reaction as scuba duba doo. I turned on my rat. jr in merky new england water, and I thought that it must have flooded, because I could not see any light at all. It throws a ton of light in my livingroom, but didn't penetrate the water worth a damn.

afaik even the rat jun. uses the old luxeon led technic that is obsolete since one year. On my dives I use this one as an instrument reading light at my mask running on 12 Lumen output, but on full power it gives 180 Lumen for one hour with one CR123 (luxeons max is 80 Lumen). Size in length ist your ring finger :)

P1D-Premium-Q5-1.jpg

It is not used to be a diving light but till now it stands the depths. :)
After diving is is the perfect pocket rocket. You know that song about sunglases at night? ;-)

Cheers,
MikeRD03

It is not used to be a diving light but till now it stands the depths. :)

Cheers,
MikeRD03

Not to be argumentative, but the manufacturer describes it as "dunkable" and their other, most "waterproof," lights are good to around 2 meters. I tend to dive just a bit deeper than that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom