Ratio IX3M

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnnyB108

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Anyone else have one? I use the Ratio IX3M Tech+ Gps. It has a lot of info to get through and so far I dig it.

I have it and I like it but haven't done enough dives on it so far. I'd like to see a "customizable" screen option where I can decide what information is displayed on the main and the secondary screens. I also want a better screen protector film that won't come off the screen and has better scratch resistance. Everything else is great especially after the latest firmware update.

An option to choose what is on the screen would be nice. Is the screen protector not a rugged enough piece?

Is the screen protector not a rugged enough piece?

I am not sure about what you mean with "screen protector" but the screen itself gets scratched easily (like any other dive computer). They included some sort of a flimsy film that falls off the screen as soon as you enter the water and hence no screen protector.

Roger that. I see what you're saying. So far that film layer I put on is solid. Works well.

I bought a Ratio iX3M a few days ago and tried it last weekend on some dives involving gas changes. I'm very happy with it, gas change is easy and quick. Display is superb, I'm impressed. A film screen protector was already on the display and a second film layer was in the box.
RolMar

A film screen protector was already on the display and a second film layer was in the box.

Does this film screen stay on the screen after getting wet in the water? Doesn't it slide off easily? Both of mine came off while diving.

No yet, it is still there. I'll go diving again end off October, let's see how it develops,...
RolMar

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom