Raw sewage spill at Monterey, California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sea Save Foundation

Contributor
Reaction score
11205558_10152947384748507_1501707948429376910_n.jpg
Workers battle the raw sewage spill now reported as over 220,000 thousand gallons at the iconic Lovers Point, in Monterey, California.

Again, selective reporting on your part. The published reports vary from 100,000 gallons to 220,000 gallons.

Perhaps you might consider adding some objectivity to your reports rather than cherry picking the worst case reports to bolster your case. I can't speak for others but I would have more respect for your reporting if it was balanced rather than biased.

I live near Lovers and dove there regularly. A 100,000 gallon spill is horrific enough without it being exaggerated by your reports.

-Adrian

Last edited:
is this the same area as the oil spill i'm hearing on the national news?

I wonder how you "battle" a raw sewage spill. It's an organic mixture (sewage) mixed with an organic mixture (seawater) and thoroughly mixed. The bad part isn't the sewage, it's the nutrients in the sewage. None of which are recoverable once they are in the ocean.

Maybe battling a sewage spill means "spending lots of money without really accomplishing anything".

oh boy; two problems at once on the west coast...that's going to take some time to cleanup.

I wonder how you "battle" a raw sewage spill. It's an organic mixture (sewage) mixed with an organic mixture (seawater) and thoroughly mixed. The bad part isn't the sewage, it's the nutrients in the sewage. None of which are recoverable once they are in the ocean.

Maybe battling a sewage spill means "spending lots of money without really accomplishing anything".
Hose it off the beach/rocks so the owners of the uber-expensive houses across the street don't have to see/smell it...:D Maybe boom/collect the floaty parts like the TP and flushable wipes.

If it's like much of CA the wind blows onshore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom