RaZor First Stage Transfill Adapter won't seal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bkotheimer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi!

I have a RaZor first stage screwed into an AL13 pony bottle, and I fill it using a transfill adapter and an AL80 with a yoke valve. Lately the transfill adapter has not been sealing well when trying to fill from my full-size tank's yoke valve. Air just blows everywhere and I can't get a good fill. I have changed the o-ring on the transfill adapter, as it was in very bad shape, but that did not fix the problem. I have also tried the bleed valve in every positition, mainly because I cannot remember which is the correct position for the bleed valve. However, that is not where the leak is anyway.... and it's not at the big tank's yoke either.... it is right where the quick-disconnect collar attaches to the fill probe. Pushing the fill probe more tightly into the adapter helps only slightly. Have you heard of this problem? What might be wrong?

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom