Razor Harness and UTD wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Go Side Mount site lists the Razor wing with 45 lb of lift. I can't see giving up its tight integration with the Razor harness just to get 5 more lbs of lift, especially since you're getting a redundant wing in the bargain. My 40 lb Halcyon wing is certainly good with LP85s and a stage.

The Go Side Mount site lists the Razor wing with 45 lb of lift. I can't see giving up its tight integration with the Razor harness just to get 5 more lbs of lift, especially since you're getting a redundant wing in the bargain. My 40 lb Halcyon wing is certainly good with LP85s and a stage.

I have the Razor 45 lb wing and a regularly dive it with double LP85's, two luxfer al40 stages, the usual mix of tech gear, and 4th element thin exposure protection (which has no positive buoyancy).

Without the redundant wing, I'd have to put on a drysuit (for 85 degree water!) to dive with those tanks. So the Razor is excellent in that regard.

I will say, though, that the set of gear I described feels like its about close to the limit of what the Razor wing can handle. I've seen video of myself at depth and the wing looks mostly inflated.

Ive also seen video where Steve boegarts dives a razor with what looks like six al80s. Having dove the rig with four tanks, adding any more stages or deco bottles seems like it would be... Maybe "challenging" is the best word for it.

I made my own DIY weight system for the Z-harness. It cost me under 20 USD. It started with lengthening the crotch strap and threading weights into the excess length. The end of the excess webbing (with the weights attached) is then threaded to a large belt slide attached to the webbing between the shoulder (delta) and lumbar plates. The threaded weights are then snugged up to the harness with a custom nylon fabric "binder".

DSCN2676.jpgDSCN2677.jpgDSCN2678.jpgDSCN2679.jpgDSCN2680.jpgDSCN2681.jpg

Back
Top Bottom