Rear mounted pouch options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, any idea where I could purchase these drop rings? Razor is charging $16 a pop. Don't see anything like it on DGX.

Thanks, any idea where I could purchase these drop rings? Razor is charging $16 a pop. Don't see anything like it on DGX.

End Loop "LARGE"

---------- Post added April 18th, 2013 at 07:53 PM ----------

Do most people have these pouches hanging off the door handles? Not going to be too much of a snagging hazard? I suppose with sufficient number of items in there it won't be too floaty?
Unless you put a lift bag which still has gas in it, the pouch will almost for sure sink not float. Mine carries cave survey instruments and tools.

A good friend of mine uses the Dive Rite pocket that is attached your belt and thigh with webbing.
We were SMing in small cave and when he was in a squeeze he pulls the pocket onto the back of his thigh.
It worked rather well I am thinking about adding a DR pocket to my rig.
My DUI CF200's pockets are pretty streamlined / clean but buy Bare Trilam pockets are not.

CamG

Thanks rjack321, ordered!!!

CamG, so basically a pouch that rotates around the thigh?

IME, If the grommets aig enough to drain quickly, usually means the knot has to be too big, and/or the grommet hole's function as a drain gets compromised, either from being clogged with the bungie knot, or from being clogged with rocks that gets washed into the usual too large drain hole.

Even makers that make stuff purposed for underwater use tend not to get the drain hole right. I have only seen a drain size hole covered in screening on BCD drain holes. The pouch makers miss that detail usually which means sand and rocks gets in the drain at times, if it is actually large enough to function as an effective drain hole.

Which is actually another reason to use the soldering iron: to add a number of drain holes that are too small to allow much stuff in, and large enough by shear number to allow quick-ish draining.

---------- Post added April 18th, 2013 at 04:21 PM ----------

How do you get the pouch around to get stuff out of it?

Or do you only have a lift bag in there?

There is more then one grommit, each grommit is about 1/4" in size, the pouch itself also drains quite well as it is not waterproof. Never had an issue with draining, its been on over 100 dives with me since I made it

Thanks everyone for the input. Ordered pouch and drop rings, just waiting for delivery and test dive! Can't wait till I no longer have to fumble for a minute to get the SMB out!!

I just got back from an advanced sidemount class with Protec and we made a few changes to deal with the tight restrictions. I removed one boltsnap from the Dive Rite pouch and let it trail vertically from the crotch strap rear D-ring. I could feel it from time to time on the backs of my legs, but it didn't interfere and never got hung up on anything. (OTOH, when I was pushing through a tight bedding plane, blindfolded, and my instructor simulated a "run away inflator" on my wing, I was stuck like a cork in a bottle!)

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom