rebreather death edo-04 (rb 80 clone)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pwfletcher once bubbled...

LOL ... anyone not driving using the aforementioned configuration are "strokes" and will surely die soon!
... I believe the stock dashboard contains to many gauges. :wacko: Gas contend in the tank is of course allowed as a necessity. Probably needs to be taken out of the dashboard and clipped to the left hip ring of the harness.

The tach has to go. When Driving It Right, one drives by ear, just like the RB80. If something's broke, you can hear it! Same for oil, water and the other small stuff.

What confuses me is the speedometer. It usually contains the trip counter, which is important ... can't really lay out line on the freeway. On the other hand it also, and unfortunately rather dominantly, displays the speed. That is completely unnecessary, and might not be acceptable. There are mile stones (or in Germany kilometerstones), and I'm sure Waldy wouldn't drive without his timer. Therefor it is safe to assume he, as all his fellow Drivers It Right, calculate the speed on the fly. Gotta plan your drive and drive your plan.
So I'm not sure if the speedo can stay or needs to go.

Now that I think about it, probably better go. All the idiot lights too, of course, warning lights are definitely not Driving It Right. That way you can throw out the entire dashboard and streamline the interior! :D

And no top of course, never take anything you don't need. :wink:

So while we're at it, Mole, how the Disco coming?

Michael, that dash stack looks good, I like it. Then again, that digital display has an eerie similarity with certain handsets ... :wacko: It even has user-selectable alarm setpoints ... :wacko:
Need I be worried? Is your Lotus yellow? :wink:

Yeah nice display 28 litres of gas left, needs calibrating yet though as the P was 0.0, wonder if it will switch off at 220m as well??

Much closer to the HH display if you ask me

Disco is coming on nicely, reversing sensors added, K&N fitted, CB done, 2 bloody great front spots went on today, all serviced and raring to go. Now just need work to let me have a weekend free to go diving!!!! The perfect diving vehicle :wink:

Got a lot of work to do on the Turtle. Have neoprene lungs, bigger case, latest HH electronics, fresh cells all waiting to go together.

madmole once bubbled...

The perfect diving vehicle :wink:
My girlfriend wants one ... more fringe benefits for me:)

madmole once bubbled...
... just need work to let me have a weekend free to go diving!!!!

Got a lot of work to do on the Turtle.
A man on a mission to stop the misinformation spread about rebreathers
A madmole's work is NEVER done.:(

madmole once bubbled...
....latest HH electronics....
Don't I remember something about weekly HH updates :rolleyes:
It IS never done, is it?

Yes, unfortunately Kevin started off very well sending me these, but lately they have dried up

But they do have Hammerheads shipping with the new controller Algorithm (that I wrote the prototype of!!!) and its working really well. Much tighter Set point that the original Inspiration, down to over 100m so far

They also have the new selectable GF software out.

New hardware out in next week or two as well, this allows the use of ANY AA form factor battery

As for girlfriends/other halfs and Landies, dont do it!!!!! its so much fun to drive and their are even more bits and bobs to modify it with that what little money is left from the RB will definately dissapear!!!!!

:D

Congrats on the algorithm, I'm glad it's working out well. :)
madmole once bubbled...
As for girlfriends/other halfs and Landies, dont do it!!!!! its so much fun to drive and their are even more bits and bobs to modify it with that what little money is left from the RB will definately dissapear!!!!! :D
I understand what what you're saying, but the thought of going to and from divesite's without straps and ropes is tempting. Look what I got to work with.:rolleyes: But it's the most fun for the buck, naaa, for the dime you can imagine.:D

Congrats on the algorithm, I'm glad it's working out well. :)
GF ... is it fully RGBM compatible?
madmole once bubbled...
As for girlfriends/other halfs and Landies, dont do it!!!!! its so much fun to drive and their are even more bits and bobs to modify it with that what little money is left from the RB will definately dissapear!!!!! :D
I understand what what you're saying, but the thought of going to and from divesite's without straps and ropes is tempting. Look what I got to work with.:rolleyes: But it's the most fun for the buck, naaa, for the dime you can imagine.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom