Rebreather Discussion from Brockville Incident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I made that very point to you pages ago, remember saving oxygen and possibly using SCR mode (which we know you'll never do because you bring enough OC gas) in an overhead and such. Unless you're counting an indoor pool as an overhead environment you're stretching a bit with this one. I'm just saying.

Mod 1 using 21/35, Mod 2 using 10/50 no one said anything about caves, as clearly in caves we'd consider 32/35 to achieve easier WOB, Reduced END, and advantage of increased available oxygen molecules in the dil. :D <- I dunno why I put the smilie, but it seems like we need one to start the day in this thread.

As a side note, we're putting all the "secret rebreather planning strategies" out in the open here without yelling, screaming, or tantrums. I can imagine those reading along are learning a bit about the details. Actually a very interesting thread.

Having considered 32/35, I stick to 32/0 :D .

You're religious about WOB and have no concern about END? Why?

32/0 on a Setpoint of 1.1 at 21m is fine for me.

32/0 on a Setpoint of 0.7 at 21m is not fine.

32/0 OC at 21m is fine for me.

If I were to go to 30 meters or more in a cave, I'd begin to think about 18/45.

Is your work experience with "life-support" equipment (or non life-support products)?

Both. I worked in the private sector for many years, retired and now do some work as a training and product consultant for private and public organizations relating to diving... does that count?

Both. I worked in the private sector for many years, retired and now do some work as a training and product consultant for private and public organizations relating to diving... does that count?

You promote rebreathers for profit, which is what I understand you are saying.

Before you did that, which "life-support" products (other than rebreathers, pPO2 Dive Computers...) were you involved in exactly?

It would be interesting to compare those products you had prior experience with the ones you are involved now.

I see a rebreather/rebreather product firmware fix being released and shortly thereafter the fix for the firmware fix... quite frankly, for "life-support" products it is pretty bad.

You promote rebreathers for profit, which is what I understand you are saying.

Before you did that, which "life-support" products (other than rebreathers, pPO2 Dive Computers...) were you involved in exactly?

It would be interesting to compare those products you had prior experience with the ones you are involved now.

I see a rebreather/rebreather product firmware fix being released and shortly thereafter the fix for the firmware fix... quite frankly, for "life-support" products it is pretty bad.

Reads like a personal attack. Do ALL your arguments break down into ad hominem as I have been told privately or are you genuinely interested in my background? If the latter is the case, Google is your best bet.

Reads like a personal attack. Do ALL your arguments break down into ad hominem as I have been told privately or are you genuinely interested in my background? If the latter is the case, Google is your best bet.

Non-sense.

I have asked you to state which "life-support" products other than rebreathers... you had direct professional work experience with so that we can have a mature discussion and compare rebreathers/pPO2 Dive Computers with the other "life-support" products you allege to have had direct professional work experience with.

If you read all my threads/posts here and elsewhere you will see I make no personal attacks (i.e. "ad hominem") whatsoever. I state my argument and substantiate it with evidence (then I receive personal attacks by those who don't like the arguments and the evidence).

Last edited:
Non-sense.

I have asked you to state which "life-support" products other than rebreathers... you had direct professional work experience with so that we can have a mature discussion and compare rebreathers/pPO2 Dive Computers with the other "life-support" products you allege to have had direct professional work experience with.

If you read all my threads/posts here and elsewhere you will see I make no personal attacks (i.e. "ad hominem") whatsoever. I state my argument and substantiate it with evidence (then I receive personal attacks by those who don't like the arguments and the evidence).

So essentially you need my resume before a rational discussion is possible... and on that note, I have already suggested a remedy.

So essentially you need my resume before a rational discussion is possible... and on that note, I have already suggested a remedy.

No, but if you want to discuss your prior professional experience with "life-support" equipment other than rebreathers/pPO2 Dive Computers, then it would be a good start to know exactly what "life-support" products (i.e. anesthesia machines???) you were involved with professionally in the past.

If you had no such prior experience and you cannot list any such product, then I misunderstood what you were trying to say.

Are you a "life-support" expert in any field other than rebreathers/pPO2 Dive computers and which products exactly?

Why does this thread remind me so much of the whole Apoc iCCR debacle?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom